Jazz festivals in Flemington, New Brunswick and Somerville this weekend are being presented jointly, under the Central Jersey Jazz Festival banner. But that’s just part of the picture for New Jersey jazz fans, as festivals are also planned for West Orange, Princeton and Metuchen.
Here’s a rundown of all the jazz festival action coming up this weekend:
• Twelfth annual Jazz and Brew Fest at OSPAC, West Orange. With Dave Stryker Organ Quartet, Eric Alexander/Harold Mabern Quartet, Bob DeVos Organ Quartet, Oscar Perez, Bill Charlap Trio, Enrico Granafei, Madame Pat Tandy. The event will also feature a beer and wine garden, and children’s activities, including face painting by Gina Rivas-Velazquez. Gary Walker of WBGO (88.3 FM) will host. $10 (no admission charge for children younger than 5).
• Central Jersey Jazz Festival on Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick. Part of Hub City Sounds festival, with the Sean Jones Quartet, Expansions — The Dave Liebman Group, The Alexis Morrast Band, New Brunswick District Jazz Band. No admission charge.
• Jazz Fest at Borough Hall, Metuchen. With Carrie Jackson and the Jazzin’ Allstars, The Derrick Baker Group. No admission charge.
• 24th annual Jazz Feast at Palmer Square Green, Princeton. With Dennis Lichtman’s Brain Cloud (featuring Tamar Korn), Marlene VerPlanck Quintet (featuring Houston Person), Willie Martinez and La Familia Sextet (with guest Warren Vaché), Ken Peplowski and His Quintet (featuring Harry Allen), Alan Dale and the New Legacy Jazz Band. Area restaurants will also be selling food. No admission charge.
• Central Jersey Jazz Festival at Somerset County Court House Green, Somerville. With the Buster Williams Quartet, Wolff & Clark Expedition (featuring Lenny White), Gregory Generet, Alphonso Horne, Jazz House Kids. Also, local artists and artisans will be displaying their work. No admission charge.