The Montclair Art Museum’s Free First Thursday Nights series, which takes a break each year from July to October, starts up again this week. From 5 to 9 p.m. today, the museum will offer free admission, a bar, music and other activities.
The attractions change from month to month, but this month’s offering will include:
• A performance by the Silver Foxes Songs Quartet, singing jazz and soul standards.
• Gallery tours
• A drawing workshop with a (clothed) model.
• Chair massages.
• The Empanada Guy food truck.
• An art project for children (aged 5 or older) in the Kids’ Creativity Center.
• An exhibition of winners in the TD Bank Children’s Art Contest.
• An introduction to Uniform Justice: The Montclair Project, designed to improve relationships between police departments and the communities they serve. The presentation will include performances by the combined choirs of Union Congregational Church and Union Baptist Church and by Montclair High School a cappella group Passing Notes, as well as a community dialogue.
For information, visit montclairartmuseum.org.