Ronni Reich of The Star-Ledger/NJ.com reports that New Jersey Symphony Orchestra music director Jacques Lacombe will leave when his contract is over in 2016. And Jim Beckerman of The Record/NorthJersey.com previews the Symphony’s season-opening shows this weekend in Newark, New Brunswick and Morristown.
• The Daily Record has this preview of “Henry VIII” at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey in Madison.
• NPR.org reports on Jazz Night in America, a new radio and Internet series co-sponsored by Newark’s WBGO-FM.
• Jean Mikle of the Asbury Park Press looks back at Big Man’s West, the Red Bank nightclub that Clarence Clemons owned in the early ’80s.
• Gary Wien of NewJerseyStage.com talks to Anthony D’Amato, who grew up in Blairstown and attended Princeton University, about his major label debut album, “The Shipwreck From the Storm.”
• Music journalist Ryan White will soon release a new book, “Springsteen: Album by Album.” It looks like it could be a good one.