Here are a couple of updates regarding the Jersey 4 Jersey fundraiser, taking place April 22 at 7 p.m.
• You’ll notice in the lower right-hand corner of the collection of photos above, taken from the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund‘s web site, that there is a picture of Fountains of Wayne, including band member Adam Schlesinger, who died April 1 of complications from COVID-19. Surviving band members Chris Collingwood, Jody Porter and Brian Young will be joined by Sharon Van Etten, on bass and backing vocals, on the show, for a tribute to Schlesinger.
“Brian, Jody and I are honored to be part of the Jersey 4 Jersey benefit, and grateful that Sharon was able to perform with us,” said Collingwood, in a press release. “Adam would have been proud that Fountains were helping to raise money for fellow New Jerseyans.”
“As a New Jersey native, it means so much to me to participate in the NJPRF charitable event that gives back to this community,” said Van Etten. “Adam was an incredible songwriter and I am truly humbled to join Fountains of Wayne in his honor.”
• NJPRF has also posted a list of outlets for the special.
It can be seen on: Apple TV, ABC7 NY, 6ABC WPVI-TV, PIX11, WWOR, News 12, NJTV, NBC 4 New York/WNBC, NBC10 Philadelphia/WCAU, WNJU, Telemundo62, NJN, CBS2 NY and CBS3 Philly.
And it can be heard on: Apple Music, NY’s Z100, 103.5 KTU, Q104.3 (WAXQ), Power 105.1, Lite FM & 710 WOR, E Street Radio/SiriusXM, New York’s Country 94.7, Alt 92.3, WCBS 880, CBS-FM, WFAN, 107.1 The Boss/Great Gold 1410 and 1010 WINS.
This isn’t necessarily a complete list, but it is what is posted, now.
A word of advice for those who live outside of the New Jersey area and want to watch on something other than Apple TV: Some of the TV stations listed above have live streams of their programming on their web sites. I’ve included links to all of them above, so check them out beforehand to get ready.
Here are links to previous NJArts.net posts on the fundraiser:
• Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Bennett and more join forces for ‘Jersey 4 Jersey’ fundraiser
• Additional information announced for all-star ‘Jersey 4 Jersey’ fundraiser
• Bon Jovi will debut new song on Jersey 4 Jersey fundraiser
We need your help!
CONTRIBUTE TO NJARTS.NET
Since launching in September 2014, NJArts.net, a 501(c)(3) organization, has become one of the most important media outlets for the Garden State arts scene. And it has always offered its content without a subscription fee, or a paywall. Its continued existence depends on support from members of that scene, and the state’s arts lovers. Please consider making a contribution of any amount to NJArts.net via PayPal, or by sending a check made out to NJArts.net to 11 Skytop Terrace, Montclair, NJ 07043.