NJarts.net was launched six months ago today — Sept. 15, 2014 — so it’s time to take a breath and think about what it’s done in that time, and where it’s going. To help me do that, I’d appreciate it if you could give me any feedback on the site — what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong, ways we could improve — in the comments section below. Please feel free, too, to ask any questions you might have. I promise to answer them all (though I might not get to them right away, as I’m seeing a play this afternoon).
I’ve loved doing this, and hope to be doing it for the rest of my career. I would be lying, though, if I didn’t add that I believe these next six months are going to be crucial in seeing if NJArts.net can really build and hold onto the kind of audience that will sustain it. We’ve made good progress so far, but we’re not there yet.
For those who may be interested, here are links to the 10 most popular NJArts.net stories so far (and special thanks to Southside Johnny, for obvious reasons!):
1. Southside Johnny to sing Bruce Springsteen songs at the Stone Pony
2. Southside Johnny: Upcoming Pony shows ‘a lot of work’ but ‘worth it’
3. Springsteen covered by women: The best of the best
4. Maxwell’s to return with new booking strategy
5. Springsteen covered by women: The best of the best, Part 2
6. Boss for a night: Southside Johnny sings Springsteen classics at Stone Pony
7. ‘Nico: Underground’: A night with a doomed diva
8. Bob Dylan focused and intense at NJPAC concert
9. Asbury Music Awards notes: Deal Casino dominates; Burtnik proposes; Mr. Reality to reunite; winners list
10. 350 Jersey Songs: ‘Pleasant Valley Sunday,’ Carole King demo