Morris County Dance Connections Festival Week, at the Madison Community Arts Center, will offer seven consecutive nights of dance events — in various styles of dance ranging from tap to folk and modern — including:
• Swing Dancing with the Bottle Hill Swing Band, Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m., preceded by instruction by Nissreen Almazouni at 7 p.m.
• A collaboration by the Antoinette Montague Experience jazz trio and tap dancers A.C. Lincoln and Calvin Booker (who will add to the musical mix with their feet), Nov. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
• Storytelling accompanied by dance, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m.
• Drew University dancers presented by professor Kimani Fowlin, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
• Films with dance themes presented by The Thomas Edison Film Festival, Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m.
• Carolyn Dorfman Dance, Dec. 3 at 7:30 p.m. The program will include excerpts from Dorfman’s most recent work, “The Attitude of Doing” (featuring music by jazz artist Regina Carter), “PRIMA!” (celebrating the music of Louis Prima) and “NOW!”
• The Iskra Ukrainian Dance Ensemble and a Ukrainian folk dance group, accompanied by Ukrainian musicians, with proceeds going to The Ukrainian National Women’s League of America, Dec. 4 at 3 p.m.
For information, visit madisonartsnj.org/mcac.
We need your help!
CONTRIBUTE TO NJARTS.NET
Since launching in September 2014, NJArts.net, a 501(c)(3) organization, has become one of the most important media outlets for the Garden State arts scene. And it has always offered its content without a subscription fee, or a paywall. Its continued existence depends on support from members of that scene, and the state’s arts lovers. Please consider making a contribution of any amount to NJArts.net via PayPal, or by sending a check made out to NJArts.net to 11 Skytop Terrace, Montclair, NJ 07043.