For those planning to attend one of the Rolling Stones concerts at MetLife Stadium, here’s everything you need to know (as well as some stuff you probably don’t).
• The shows are scheduled for 8 p.m. Aug. 1 and 5. The British band The Wombats will open on Aug. 1; Lukas Nelson (Willie Nelson’s son) and his band Promise of the Real will do so on Aug. 5.
• The shows were postponed from June because of Mick Jagger’s heart valve replacement surgery. Tickets originally sold for June 13 will be honored on Aug. 1 and tickets originally sold for June 17 will be honored on Aug. 5.
• Are tickets still available through Ticketmaster? Yes, though most or all seem to be limited-view, or available through Ticketmaster’s Verified Resale program. If you’re interested in seeing what your options are, click here for Aug. 1, here for Aug. 5.
• The shows are part of the band’s No Filter Tour, which began in 2017, and are two of only 17 shows they are doing in North America this summer. Spoiler Alert! If you’re interested in knowing what songs have been on the band’s recent setlists, visit setlist.fm and do a search for “Rolling Stones.”
• MetLife Stadium advises: “Please arrive early and allow extra travel time due to rush hour traffic.” The stadium suggests arriving at least an hour before showtime.
• The parking lot, ticket office and will call booths will open at 3 p.m., and the stadium’s gates at 6 p.m. Tailgating is permitted.
• Current forecasts call for both days to be hot, with little chance of significant rain. The concerts are rain or shine.
• Everyone taller than 34 inches must have his or her own ticket. There is no re-entry to the stadium, once you have left.
• Parking will be $40 per car.
Go to this page on the MetLife Stadium website for more information on the following:
• Public transportation.
• Information on locations for pre-event drop-offs and post-event Uber and non-Uber pick-ups.
• Wristband and entry procedure for those with standing-room pit or floor tickets.
• What kind of bags, posters, food and drink, cameras and phone chargers will be allowed into the stadium.
• A list of things that are not allowed (umbrellas, laser pointers, laptop computers, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
• Questions for MetLife Stadium can be asked via email (email@example.com) or phone (201-559-1515).
• Click here to see a complete list of all the appearances the band has made in New Jersey, starting in 1965.
We need your help!
CONTRIBUTE TO NJARTS.NET
Since launching in September 2014, NJArts.net, a 501(c)(3) organization, has become one of the most important media outlets for the Garden State arts scene. And it has always offered its content without a subscription fee, or a paywall. Its continued existence depends on support from members of that scene, and the state’s arts lovers. Please consider making a contribution of any amount to NJArts.net via PayPal, or by sending a check made out to NJArts.net to 11 Skytop Terrace, Montclair, NJ 07043.