A handful of shows have been added to the 16th annual Light of Day Festival, taking place Jan. 8-18, mostly in Asbury Park. Among them are Peter Asher (of Peter & Gordon fame) with guitar master Albert Lee; Remember Jones performing Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black album in its entirety; E Street Band and Asbury Jukes saxophonist Eddie Manion performing songs from his new Nightlife album; and Steve Forbert. In addition, lineups for some other shows have been announced.
Below is the schedule, as it currently stands. For information, visit lightofday.org. Shows are in Asbury Park unless otherwise noted.
“LOD Philadelphia” at The World Cafe, Philadelphia.
“LOD North Jersey” at Outpost in the Burbs, Montclair. “Songwriters Up Close and Personal” with Willie Nile, Richard Barone, Joe D’Urso, Jill Hennessy, John Easdale and Peter Wood of Dramarama, Chrissi Poland and Loretta Hagen.
“Cover Me: Best of the Jersey Bar Bands” at Stone Pony. With Cats on a Smooth Surface (featuring Bobby Bandiera), Brian Kirk and the Jirks, Big Pink, The Best of the Eagles, So Watt, Motor City Revue, NRG, others.
“Happy Mondays” at Wonder Bar.
“Laughstock” at Stress Factory, New Brunswick.
“LOD NYC” at The Cutting Room, New York.
• “First Note” at The Saint.
• Sandy Mack’s Wonder Jam at Wonder Bar. With Karmic Juggernaut, James Dalton, Turtle Soup, Joe Miller, The Matt O’Ree Band, Strumberry Pie, Mack & Friends (with Ronnie Penque, Eric Safka and Mark Diomede), Goodnightmorning, The Union and Virago.
• “Sweet Lil’ Sixteen Kick Off” (all performers have to do a Chuck Berry cover) at House of Independents. Hosted by Badlands, and featuring performances by Willie Nile and Band, Dramarama, The Weeklings, Jill Hennessy, The Billy Walton Band.
• TBA at Langosta Lounge.
• “Asbury Angels Induction” at Stone Pony
• Remember Jones performs Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black album in its entirety at House of Independents.
• “Rock Heavy” at The Saint.
• Open Mic at Wonder Bar.
• “Late Night Friday” at Langosta Lounge.
• TBA at Paramount Theatre
• “Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway” at Tim McLoone’s Supper Club. With Rita Harvey, Carter Calvert, Craig Schulman, Richard Todd Adams and Danny Zolli.
• “Main Event” at Paramount Theatre.
• “Rock” at The Saint.
• “Late Night Saturday” at Langosta Lounge.
• Steve Forbert at House of Independents.
• “Asbury Blues,” noon at Wonder Bar.
• “Full Tilt Boogie Bash,” 7 p.m. at Wonder Bar.
• “Asbury Underground” crawl in downtown Asbury Park.
• Saxophonist Ed “Kingfish” Manion, 12:30 p.m. at Tim McLoone’s Supper Club.
• Peter Asher and Albert Lee, 8 p.m. at Tim McLoone’s Supper Club.
• “Songwriters by the Sea Boardwalk Crawl” at Watermark, Langosta Lounge and Tim McLoone’s Supper Club.
• “Kids’ Rock” at Stone Pony.
• “Musicians on a Mission,” noon at The Saint.
• “Last Note,” 7:30 p.m. at The Saint.
• “Goodbye Brunch” at Toast.
We need your help!
CONTRIBUTE TO NJARTS.NET
Since launching in September 2014, NJArts.net, a 501(c)(3) organization, has become one of the most important media outlets for the Garden State arts scene. And it has always offered its content without a subscription fee, or a paywall. Its continued existence depends on support from members of that scene, and the state’s arts lovers. Please consider making a contribution of any amount to NJArts.net via PayPal, or by sending a check made out to NJArts.net to 11 Skytop Terrace, Montclair, NJ 07043.