Even though New Jersey’s theaters and nightclubs remain closed, because of the pandemic, several venues are now regularly presenting outdoor jazz. Here is a rundown:
• The Morris Museum in Morris Township is presenting jazz concerts on its elevated parking deck, with social distancing and patrons bringing their own chairs and refreshments. Masks must be worn while traveling to and from your block of space. For information, visit morrismuseum.org/jazz.
July 23: Mariel Bildsten Quartet
July 30: Dan Levinson’s Sixth Annual Midsummer Night’s Jazz Party
Aug. 6: Don Braden with Karl Latham and Big Fun(k)
• The Madison restaurant, Shanghai Jazz, is offering outdoor dining with live jazz. For information, visit shanghaijazz.com.
July 21: John Korba with Hal Slapin and John Vourtsis
July 22: Leonieke Scheuble
July 23: Bob Himmelberger with Matt Kane and David Kingsnorth
July 24: Eric Mintel Quartet
July 25: Champian Fulton Quartet
July 31: King Solomon Hicks Band
Aug. 1: Dave Stryker Trio
Aug. 7: Blue Soul Quintet
• The New Brunswick Jazz Project is presenting live music in the outdoor dining area of Tavern on George in New Brunswick. For information, visit nbjp.org.
July 23: Nat Adderley Jr. Trio
July 26: Will Comer Trio
July 30: Dave Stryker Trio
Aug. 2: Dom Palombi Trio
Aug. 6: Eddie Allen Trio
Aug. 9: Michael Bond Trio
Aug. 13: James Austin Jr. Trio
Aug. 20: Lucy Yeghiazaryan Trio
• Spy Boy Productions, which presents the biannual Exit Zero Jazz Festival, is bringing blues, rock and jazz shows to Elaine’s in Cape May. For information, visit exitzerojazzfestival.com/spy-boy-presents.
Jazz shows currently scheduled:
Also, Spy Boy Productions will present Joanna Pascale with Larry McKenna at the Emlen Physick Estate in Cape May, Aug. 2.
• Incidentally, the William Paterson University’s annual Summer Jazz Room Series will take place online this year, with exclusive performances and question-and-answer sessions. There is no charge, though registration is required. Visit wpunj.edu/wppresents/jazz-room-series.
Here is the schedule:
July 21: Tardo Hammer Trio
July 22: Alexis Cole and Friends
July 23: Akiko Tsuruga Quintet
July 24: Steve Turre and Friends
We need your help!
CONTRIBUTE TO NJARTS.NET
Since launching in September 2014, NJArts.net, a 501(c)(3) organization, has become one of the most important media outlets for the Garden State arts scene. And it has always offered its content without a subscription fee, or a paywall. Its continued existence depends on support from members of that scene, and the state’s arts lovers. Please consider making a contribution of any amount to NJArts.net via PayPal, or by sending a check made out to NJArts.net to 11 Skytop Terrace, Montclair, NJ 07043.